As you read the testimonials below you’ll see that my goals as a teacher are to share what I know, and not allow you to feel intimidated. So if you are feeling insecure, don’t let that stop you! Here are what some of my former students have had to say:
- “I loved the class I just attended. It was the first time I have touched a paint brush since my teens… I was with people that have been painting for 5 years and you made me feel so comfortable… even though my painting was so simple. I appreciated your way of teaching and how you made me feel … not a beginner!! LOL! I would love to have more classes with you.” – H.F. – Vancouver.
- “I began oil painting classes at Michael Abraham’s studio with very little experience and was prepared to be out of my depth. However, I found the classes to be small, fun and came with lots of individual attention, great instruction and demo’s. I soon felt at ease. Micheal is a gifted artist and teaches with plenty of encouragement and patience. What began as a six week course has become a passionate pursuit and I have been attending on and off for three years.” – M. Stubbs
- “First oil painting after 13 year hiatus from that medium- done in 1.5 hours in a painting class with Michael Abraham Monday night – more info from him in 2 hours than the whole 4th year of art school… it was freaken awesome…!!!!!!” “Thank you so much, Michael, for holding such a great class- You are as great a teacher as you are a painter!! ” – Lianne Varnam – Vancouver.
- ‘Hi Paint Whisperer… I am so appreciative of your kind attention to my painting and my project figure-outing. ‘ -T. – professional artist, Vancouver.
- “I think about you with gratitude almost every day. Thank you for stepping into my world with your clear, honest, passionate, creative voice of experience. I am now feeling so excited about my paintings” – S.B. – professional artist – Vancouver.
- “I have just taken Michael’s workshop at Dene Croft’s this weekend, and wanted to say what a great workshop it was. Michael is an excellent teacher, with lots of knowledge, patience and humour. I have taken many workshops over the years, and even though I’m a fairly experienced oil painter, Michael taught me a lot about several improvements I could make, and new ideas to try. I would highly recommend this workshop to painters who are new to oils, or those with some experience who would like to improve their skills.” -C.G. – Tsawwassen…
- “Taking Michael Abraham’s class is a unique experience. I am able to work in a real artist’s studio setting and learn tips and tricks of his style. Michael’s classes are smaller than the usual classes and workshops offered around; therefore, the instruction is more intensive, and I especially appreciate his guidance on colour mixing. It’s almost like a one-on-one session, except there are a few people with you, which makes for great camaraderie.
I would highly recommend Michael’s class to anyone.” – T.C. )
- “For years, I’ve painted with watercolours, and recently wanted to learn techniques with oils. Quite by chance, a newspaper article about Michael Abraham and his classes caught my eye, so I called to sign up. What good fortune! I’ve found Michael to be an excellent teacher, affable, approachable, and above all, extremely talented. The classes are casual and fun, in a studio environment, surrounded by Michael’s wonderful art. What I’ve learned has greatly surpassed my expectations. Kudos to you, Michael, and thank-you for sharing your knowledge.”
Testimonial from a teacher of fine arts at St George’s School:
- “We have had Michael at Saints for many years now. He is involved in our extra-curricular life drawing program as well as our curriculum based lifedrawing. I would like to support the teacher from Southridge School’s articulation. Michael is awesome and the students respect him…a lot! We too have had other guest artists and teachers but he is by far the most successful with the students.”
“There are painters who transform the sun to a yellow spot, but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence, transform a yellow spot into the sun.”– Pablo Picasso